thelinks

Friday, January 21, 2011

The story behind "Nina".


Nina was a name that was given to me. Jasmine Nina, Yeup it was good. Well I was in the car scene and I used Nina as my name. There were lots of Jasmine's in the industry when I wanted to start out so I wanted something different, sorta. There were other Nina's that I realized after I used it as my main name. Awe well it was too late.

There were many times that I decided to leave the scene, I started out when I was 18. I enjoyed the attention, the friends I made, the traveling, oh how I miss the traveling! But it was time for me to leave, I achieved what I wanted, get on magazines. After that I was pretty happy. I left the scene at 23. It was time for me to start fresh, and that's where YourSweetTreat came into my life. I have always loved crafts. Before then I just modeled, retouch photos and made website layouts. I was more of a hands on type of girl. As much as I loved modeling, crafting was more important to me. It let me express my feelings, not stress much about anything.

Plus, everyone was happy for me. My family and friends. They always supported me along the way. I don't regret modeling, I met some awesome people who I became great friends with. It's just my past, and it was time for me to move forward.

People still call me Nina, which I don't mind, but Jaz would be good too. :)

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter to me what you name is. Your still the same person to me. A person I've come to love and respect so much and someone who's always been there for me. I haven't known you all that long but what I've now seen in knowing you is that you're truly driven and have some of the most exceptional talent in making such beautiful items. Your future with YourSweetTreat and other adventures is so promising and I'll always be there to help and support you any way I can.
    Thanks for sharing "The Story Behind Nina" with all of us and tell your bf I said Hi Hi <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kei! You are such a dork, we email each other like everyday. I feel like we've known each other for a long time. Miss you =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you too and yes I am a dork :D
    Sorry about everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and what a nice new banner you have. It's really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete