thelinks

Friday, May 13, 2011

Guest Blogger Annie - Etsy Resources


I met Annie on Etsy, she was kind enough to give us some tips on etsy! Be sure to also check out her blog, etsy, facebook and twitter. Thanks for dropping by Annie!


ETSY RESOURCES

I was browsing around Etsy the other day trying to find something about the site I didn’t already know. And you know what? I found it… Something so simple and useful that I had no idea about!

Have you ever clicked on the Resources tab under Etsy Community? No? Me neither… Yes? Don’t rub it in…

There are quite a few tools for you to use on and off Etsy. These two caught my eye ~ Banners & Avatars and Banner Generator.

Banners & Avatars is just what it sounds like ~ premade banners and avatars that are available to all Etsians announcing shop sales or vacations. I absolutely love it. I’m one of those sellers who created my own banner and avatar and I don’t want to create a gazillion of them for sales, vacations, and holidays. I can just go there, grab the one I want, and stick it on my shop. Same thing with the avatars, but they’re a little more customizable. You can choose between a “frame” to put over your current avatar (some photo editing knowledge required, but there are directions) or an all out new avatar. I love the frame ones, wish I would have thought of that…

Banners


The Banner Generator is so simple to use and has some colorful spring time options. All you have to do is enter your shop name and your shop’s tagline, select the image you want to use, and voila ~ you have yourself a new banner. You don’t even have to own Photoshop.

generator


That’s not all there is to offer at Etsy Resources, you can also view the Seller Handbook, grab a badge or button for your blog, snag some great seller deals (from MOO Cards, FedEx, and others), as well as, find some VERY useful Etsy apps. Those I did already know about… surprisingly. You can also view all of this from “Your Etsy” way down at the bottom!


BLOG: http://anniedees.com
ETSY: http://www.anniedees.etsy.com
FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/anniedees
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/anniedee83

No comments:

Post a Comment